I do an amazing job at looking at peoples' blogs, getting ideas, thinking about doing their idea, and not following through with the idea. I have been wanting a Christmas advent calendar. I have looked around in stores and couldn't find anything that appealed to my eyes or taste. I goggled "Christmas advent calendars" and got the idea to make one from a muffin tin. The most amazing part about it is that I got the idea Wednesday and completed the project two days later! It was a very fun project.
Here is how I made my Christmas advent calendar:
1. I bought a 24 cup muffin pan from Walmart for 4 dollars.
2. I bought sheets of magnetic paper from Hobby Lobby.
3. I bought cute Christmas paper, stickers, and embellishments.
4. I cut 24 squares that were 2 1/4 inches.
5. I glued the paper squares to the magnetic paper and cut out the squares again.
6. I used punched out circles to put number stickers (1-24).
7. I inked the edges of the circles and squares.
8. I added embellishments to some of the squares.
9. My amazing husband drilled holes on the top of the pan so that I could thread ribbon to hang it on the wall.
You can put treats in each cup. I am going to put a piece of paper that has something for us to do for the day. Such as bake cookies, watch a Christmas movie, look at Christmas lights, make hot chocolate, etc.......
The finished project, hanging on my wall.