Oreo kisses


Most people love Oreos.  Most people love Hershey's kisses.  Most people love personalized notes.   


So, MOST PEOPLE will love these Oreo truffle kisses,

To make these delicious treats you:

Need:
* 1 package oreo cookies (all but 7)
* 1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
* Chocolate bark

* Foil 
* Paper and pen

Instructions:
* Finely crush a package of Oreo cookies (all but 7).  I used my Vitamix.  This was fast and easy.  
* Cream the crushed Oreos with one package of softened cream cheese.  
* Once the Oreos and cream cheese are well mixed put them in the fridge to harden a little (about 30 min.)
*  Roll into 1 inch balls.  Push them down to flatten the base and then mold to look like a kiss by pinching the tops.   
* Place the molded kisses onto parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet.  
* Place in freezer or fridge until they are hard. 
* Melt chocolate bark.  I always struggle with melting chocolate so check out my tips here!
* Dip chilled Oreo truffle kisses into melted chocolate.  Cover the truffle completely.  Take out with a spoon and have truffle slide off spoon onto parchment/wax paper.

* Let the chocolate harden on the truffles. 
* Refrigerate. 

  You can stop at this step if you are just wanting a tasteful treat.  But I would recommend to keep going to add the cuteness factor!

* Cut foil into little squares (about 2 in. x 2 in.)  You want the foil to barely be able to wrap around the kiss.
* Cut strips of paper and write special messages to your loved ones. 
* Wrap the foil around the truffle and special message. 

     







I am sure you think it is weird that you use all but 7 Oreo cookies for this recipe.  It's okay. I think it is weird too.  You really could use the entire package if you would like.  However, I think the true reason you are suppose to leave out 7 Oreos  is because.....


I left out 7 Oreos.  I gave one to my husband and left the 6 others sealed in the package.  In the morning the Oreos were gone.  Any guesses?  My dear husband decided he wanted them.  





No comments:

Post a Comment