Baby Sprinkle



I learned something new.  Did you know that when you have a baby shower for somebody that already has a child it is called a "Baby Sprinkle"?  I threw my first Baby Sprinkle in February (I know, I am way behind) for my friend who was having her first boy.   A baby sprinkle usually isn't as "big" of a party as a baby shower.  The day of the baby sprinkle I was extremely busy and had a toddler to chase around, so I didn't do a very good job taking pictures.

    I had a bunch of circle cut outs that I used to put on a plain white table cloth.  The color scheme I used included different blues, greens, and cream.  The circles kind of gave you a "sprinkle" feel.
Ignore the wrinkled tablecloth :(

     We had ice cream sundaes as treats that included vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, crushed strawberries, bananas, crushed oreos, cookies, brownies, and of course sprinkles.  I was in such a hurry that I didn't get any pictures of the food or final baby sprinkle decorations.
     For drinks I covered water bottles with labels.  I just sliced some scrapbook paper into strips and added a sticker to the center.  Then I taped a strip onto each water bottle.



I put sprinkle streamers on the wall.  I made these by sewing a straight line of circles together, leaving a little room in between each circle.
We didn't really play any games, but did a fun little activity.  We explored a variety of gender wives tales to see if the mommy to be "really" was going to be having a boy.  Luckily, according to the wives tales, she was having a boy, only by one extra wives tale.  Here is a list of wives tales that we asked and checked with her.  

Boy
Girl
Carrying the Baby
Carrying low
Carrying high
Cravings
Salty
Sweet
Morning sickness
Not a lot
A lot
Face shape
Gets longer and narrow
Gets fuller and rounder
Carrying the Baby
Carrying in front
Carrying horizontally
Nose
Getting wider
Staying the same
Ring on a string
Swings in a circle
Swings back and forth
Dreams
Dreams about a boy
Dreams about a girl
Sleep preference
Prefer to sleep on left side
Prefer to sleep on right side
Headaches
Yes
No
Dad’s weight
Stays the same
Gains
Shows hands
Shows hands palms down
Shows hands palms up
Clumsiness
More clumsy now
Nothing changes
Picks up a key
Round part
Narrow part


No comments:

Post a Comment