Pizza Pizza! Easy Homemade Pizza and Mountain Mike's Pizza

This pregnancy I have had one main craving and that is Pizza.  I haven't given into that craving too often, but when I do, my favorite way is by making homemade pizzas with my little guy and my recent discovery, eating at Mountain Mike's Pizza.  My little guy is almost 2, but he sure loves to help in the kitchen and making pizzas with his mommy is a great way for him to help.  While we often end up with clumps of olives and piles of cheese, that's just fine because my little boy is having a blast and learning how to help in the kitchen.

My cute little pizza chef.

Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe
Ingredients:
1. Rhodes Rolls, thawed to room temperate. (I usually leave them in the fridge over night and then about 30 minutes before I make the pizzas I take the rolls out of the fridge and let them get to room temperature.
2. Can Pizza Sauce/ Pasta Sauce
3. 2 cups grated cheese (your favorite kind)
4.  Meat toppings such as: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Sausage
5.  Vegetable toppings such as"  Onions, mushrooms, olives, green peppers, tomatoes
   
Instructions: 
1. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
2.  Depending on your preferred pizza size, combine 2 rolls together or use just 1 roll per pizza.  Roll into a circle and place on baking sheet.
3. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
4.  Remove plastic wrap.  Spread sauce over crust.
5.  Add cheese and all your favorite toppings.  We have each family member make their own pizza just the way they like it.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cooked all the way through.

Our homemade finished products.
Making homemade pizza is a lot of fun and tastes great, but it is also a lot of fun to go out with the family for pizza too.  It's nice not having a mess to clean up after.  Going into a sit down pizza parlor always reminds me of trophies and my early years end of sporting season parties.
Mountain Mike's Pizza in South Jordan, Utah
       I was invited to an event at Mountain Mike's Pizza this week and brought my little family with me.  I've had friends mention how much they like eating at Mountain Mike's, but never checked it out myself.  I am glad I got the opportunity to see for myself how great Mountain Mike's really tastes.  Not only is their food delicious, but they have great service too.


  My family enjoyed the all you can eat buffet that includes pizza, soda, salad bar, pasta, garlic sticks, and dessert pizza.  I love that they provide the option of a buffet.  My family always has the hardest time deciding on what pizza to buy, especially since there is just two adults and a toddler, we only really need one pizza.  A buffet allows us to each get the pizza we want and try a few different types of pizza.  While at Mountain Mike's my family each had their own favorites.   My husband definitely  loved their dessert pizza which has cinnamon on top.  My favorite was the Chicken Club pizza and cheesy garlic bread stick.  My toddler enjoyed the cheese pizza and mandarin oranges off the salad bar.
I love having an assortment of pizzas to try.
The dessert pizza is so delicious.  It was tempting to not eat it first.
Mountain Mike's Menu
 My family went to Mountain Mike's a second time to get a Medium Pizza. We went with the Diamondhead (Hawaiian Pizza).  It was so delicious.  While we were waiting for our pizza to bake, an employee brought us out some extra bread sticks that they had and told us, "They're on the house."  It seems like most places you go to these days will just throw out any extra food or messed up orders. It was great to see them making use of left overs and establishing a great relationship with their customers.  What a fun and delicious surprise.  Thanks Mountain Mike's for the delicious food and great service. 
  
    Right now through August 31st they have a birthday special going on.  You can buy any medium or large pizza and get another one for just $7.  Grab your family or a few friends and try them out.  Mountain Mike's address is 2785 W South Jordan Parkway.  Go check them out.  You won't be disappointed.


Mountain Mike's website:  http://www.mtnmikesutah.com/

*Mountain Mike's provided my family with delicious food, but all opinions are mine.  Thank's again Mountain Mike's Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment