Candy Corn Butterfingers




        Homemade candies are delicious.  My mom called me on the phone a few days ago and told me about a homemade Butterfingers recipe she thought I should give a try.  My husband loves Butterfingers, so I thought I ought give it a shot.  I was really hesitant because the recipe calls for candy corn.  First of all, I don't like candy corn and secondly, I couldn't imagine how candy corn would give the taste of Butterfingers.
      Garrett and I spent an hour making these delicious Butterfingers. Despite my first impression of the recipe, these homemade treats really do taste like Butterfingers.  From the mouth of my husband, "These are better than Butterfingers.  They are nice and soft!"
   

Homemade Butterfingers
* 1 lb. candy corn
* 16 ounces peanut butter (I used creamy)
* 1 lb. chocolate 







First, melt the candy corn in the microwave.  Put the candy corn in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  Stir.  Put it in the microwave for 15 seconds.  Stir.  Continue this process until the candy corn is all melted and a nice even texture.
Look at this bright orange color!

Next, Stir the peanut butter into the melted candy corn.  Once it is a nice even texture place it in a glass pan that is lined with wax paper.  Let it cool in the fridge or freezer.  We left it in the freezer for about 45 minutes.  


Take the candy out of the freezer and lay it on a cutting board.  


Cut the candy into strips.

Make the candy any size you want.  We made ours into bite size pieces.  











 Melt the chocolate.  Put the chocolate in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  Stir.  Then put the chocolate back in the microwave for about 15 seconds.  Stir. Continue this process until the chocolate is
melted.

Dip the chilled candy into the chocolate. Lay on wax paper.  







 Not only are they easy, they are tasty and pretty!  Enjoy! 


6 comments:

  1. I am glad I found a recipe that would make Garrett think I am the best mother in law in the world. Great job on making them. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! That is the receipe? Danny and I were drooling over these. They were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, That is all! I am glad you like them. You should give it a try. They are so easy, fun, and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh I'm definitely going to have to try those! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony loves Butterfingers so I will have to make these for him (or with him) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I'll probably make these ones too for the Harvest party! They sound incredible! Also great Christmas gifts, I'm sure. :D

    ReplyDelete