Easy Apple Pie

I got this recipe from Studio5.  It is so easy and so delicious, as long as you follow the directions correctly.  I started off by cutting up two apples into thin slices, when I realized I didn't peel the apples! OOPS!  It took a lot of extra effort to peel the thin slices.  Have you ever tried peeling thin apple slices?  It's actually quite difficult and time consuming.  On to the recipe...  I didn't have all the ingredients that the original recipe called for. So here is my version.

Ingredients:

  • 1 prepared pie crust (found in the refrigerated section)
  • 3 large peeled, cored and thinly sliced apples (I only used 2, but 3 would have been better)
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • 2 T sugar
  • 1 T butter, cut into small bits
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 3 T jam
  • whipped cream or cool whip
Instructions:

Place the pie crust on a cookie sheet. Place the sliced apples around the crust, leaving 1 inch border of the crust around edges. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Put pieces of butter over apple slices. Fold the pie crust edge over the apples to make a crust. Beat an egg and about 2 tablespoons water.  Brush the edges with the beaten egg/water. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Brush the top of the pie crust with jam.  This just makes it look a little fancier and gives it a little more flavor.  I used peach jam. Cool. Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.
This is such an easy dessert and so tasty!  A must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment