Chicken Pot Pie


I love trying new recipes and adding more meals to my list of things I can cook for dinner. I found this recipe in my cookbook called. "Freezer Pleasers." I was a little hesitant to try it, but boy am I glad that I did. It is so filling, tasty, and easy! Here it is:

Chicken Potpies:
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
4 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of check soup
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup
1 cup milk
1 coup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry

1.) In a large bowl, combine the chicken, potatoes, vegetables, soups, milk, sour cream, flour, and seasonings. Divide between two 9-in. deep-dish pie plates. Roll out pastry to fit the top of each pie. Cut slits in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
2.) Cover and freeze one potpie for up to 3 months. Bake the second potpie at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
3.) To use frozen potpie: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover edges loosely for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees; remove foil and bake 50-55 minutes longer or until golden brown.

*Makes 2 potpies



** I couldn't find cream of onion soup anywhere, so I used cream of celery and added some onion powder. Also, I only had 2 cups has brown potatoes so I added extra chicken.




I highly recommend trying this. It would also be fun to make mini individual pot pies .

No comments:

Post a Comment